Please come to our Annual Chapter Assembly!
Your voice is important!
Guest Speaker: Michelle Hikida: “Inquiry in the Primary Classroom”
Inquiry-based approaches to teaching and learning are a focal part of the redesigned curriculum. Are you wondering what inquiry looks like in the primary class? Come and see examples of ways to use student and teacher generated inquiry questions to guide big thinking and learning with children in grades 1-3.
Michelle Hikada is a primary teacher who is passionate about fostering a love of learning and big thinking. She has taught in Richmond for 18 years and is currently teaching a grade 2/3 class.
Comments from her participants at the BCPTA Fall Conference 2016:
- Inquiry questions to direct my teaching and our learning! I love it!
- Inquiry can be easy and low prep!
- Workshop was mind opening and heart opening – so many tools for a beginning teacher.
- An inspiring and enthusiastic speaker
Discussion topics for the afternoon:
1. All Day Kindergarten Survey: What do you think?
2. Assessment and Reporting: Including the Core Competencies
3. Primary Advocacy
Date: Saturday April 22nd, 2017.
Place: Sheraton Vancouver Airport Hotel
**Two delegates from each registered chapter will have some of their expenses covered!!
Fee for members to attend this event: $75
(non members will have the opportunity to join the BCPTA at the registration table)
See http://www.bcpta.ca/wordpress/ for more details.
Thank you for being a part of the BCPTA!
Write something about yourself. No need to be fancy, just an overview.