Day 1: Behaviour Workshop-Proactive Strategies for Children with Challenging Behaviour.
- Discipline vs. Punishment
- Managing Teacher Stress
- Developing skills to analyse our own behaviour in relation to challenging situations
- Empowering students to become part of their learning community
- Proactive vs. Reactive strategies
- The Power of “YOU” as a strategy
- Antecedents to Avoid
- Organization, Communication, Cognitive, Social Skills, Goal Setting and Anger/Oppositional Strategies
- Executive Functioning Strategies for ADHD and ASD
- Developing an intervention plan using functional assessments
Day 2: The Art of De-Escalation and Conflict Resolution.
Have you ever found yourself face to face with an angry person and you just didn’t know how to de-escalate the situation and help them discuss solutions to the problem in a calm manner?
As teachers, parents, administrators, students, managers, employees we may find ourselves having to work through situations that may be stressful and volatile. If you would like to learn how to respond to conflict in order to maintain/build positive relationships, then this workshop is for you!!
You can attend one day or both days. To register www.saveyoursanity.ca
or contact the organization at 250 572 4144.